Thursday, April 3, 2008

Felt like he was right there with me....

Stop! Before you read any further, please listen to the song "More Time" by NEEDTOBREATHE that's on my playlist (bottom of the page). I'm asking this because it's neccessary for understanding this post, y'all.

I'm a music nut. I love it. I need it. I'm surrounded by it most of the time. I've come to the realization that, outside of prayer, it's the one thing that can lift my mood or smooth out rough days for me. I recently purchased the P.S I Love You soundtrack and this particular song captured my attention. It felt like my hubby was sitting right there with me singing this to me. Not because the singer's voice is like hubby's, but the words......the words were such an echo of some of the things he's been telling me the last few weeks.

"Hold on, Love. Just a few more months and we'll be together. I know you understand. I love you and the Bubs."

I do understand and I know that this isn't what he had planned. As the quote goes, "Life is what happens while you're busy making plans." So I'll wait as long as I need to until he's safely home with us. He's worth every single moment.

6 comments:

Runner Girl said...

Hi Anna~ I'm so glad you stopped by and left a comment at Hokey Pokey, otherwise, I would have never found you! Your blog is beautiful and serene...as I suspect you are. This post was interesting because not knowing your story, I had to figure out that your husband is away...serving our country. I am in complete agreement with you about the prayer and music thing and how either or both can turn a day around. I can't wait to read more of your blog and get to know you better!

Anonymous said...

I firmly believe that my life has a 'soundtrack' . . . I almost always have music on and can instantly remember everything that was going on in my life when I hear certain songs. I LOVE this song - what wonderful lyrics, and a sentiment that my husband and I also share with each other quite often . . . everything will always be better in a few more months (though they are pretty great right now - he is just a 'future living' kind of guy.) Thank you for my newest music download!

Anna K. said...

kimberly- Thanks for stoppin' by, Shug! The welcome mat is always out for people to stop and peek into the window of my life...even though it's covered in finger and nose prints from my Bubs. ;0) It was a complete pleasure to stumble on your blog and I also look forward to getting to know you a bit better!

driving with the brakes on- Yes! Honey, that is me to a "T"! Songs aren't just melodies and words to me, they are memories. I'm glad you enjoyed and connected with the song, Shug.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, girl. He will be home soon. I wish it was sooner rather than later.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the encouraging comment today...

I read some back posts just now and enjoyed my browse. I only have a few minutes. That's my problem lately - I have the thoughts but not the time to post! Or browse much, either. Tis the season, I guess!

I love music, too, VERY much...
and quotes. I gobble them up. Love the MLK jr quote...

Gotta run,
Jen

Anonymous said...

Sweet Post. That song is beautiful. Needtobreathe are a southern band and are playing a number of shows across the south, you should check them out if you can.

More Time is on their Album "the Heat".

Did I also mention that they are christians? :D

Blessings