I had my 29 week check up with my ditzy doc yesterday. Thankfully, she wasn't as ditzy this time around and the check up went well. Hubby was even able to be there with me. The baby's heartbeat was nice and strong and the belly measurement was right on target. Then I was even complimented on keeping my weight fairly consistent throughout the pregnancy so far. Yes, I did let loose with a snicker at that one as I haven't the slightest clue how I'm not huger than I am! Let's just say that the cravings have not all been for fresh fruit and veggies, y'all.
The subject of what to do if the baby continues to be in a breech position did come up. The doc assured me that the baby still had room to turn, but if he continued to be breech after the 36 week mark, that we'd have to decide if we wanted to try an external cephalic version (ECV), where they would turn the baby, or just wait to see if a c-section was the way to go. Seeing as everything I've read about an ecv indicates that it's only 50% effective, can cause bleeding a premature labor and that the baby could just turn back to a breech position anyway....well, I'm leaning towards just waiting to see about a c-section if the baby hasn't turned on his own.
Do I want a c-section? Not so much.
Will I do it for the baby? Without a moment's hesitation.
However, there's still time for everything to work out naturally. We'll handle whatever needs to be done when it needs to be done. Save that worry for another day!