Sunday, April 20, 2008

New Adventure.......Of A Sweaty Sort

I've begun a new adventure, y'all. It's one that I've been meaning to begin for a couple of years now but put off for one reason or another....some valid, some not so valid. To understand why this adventure is not just one of pleasure and new experience, but one of neccessity you must understand this one fact - I'm fat.

Now before all the skinny ladies log off in horror, I assure you it's not catching! So come back out from under your chair and come down from the ceiling.......That's better. Where was I? Oh, yes - fat.

Last week I joined Curves. I chose Curves because I felt like the program was something I could maintain and would make a lasting impact on the way I take care of myself. I could've joined for any number of reasons besides those -like the endless amount of tactless things people say to me, strangers and acquaintances alike- but those were the main motivators.......that and, you know, living long enough to watch the Bubs grow up.

I've got to admit that I'm a tad nervous. I'm not trying to lose weight to look better in jeans or be more appealing to my Hubby (who loves me just like I am anyway thankyouverymuch :0) ), I'm doing this to be able to live a full, long life. With my family history of diabetes, heart disease, high blood-pressure, and cancer.....well, I've got to get my hefty hauches in gear to beat the generational cycle.

As soon as I walk in to Curves, I'm greeted with a smile and a hello. The intructors are wonderfully patient and dilligent in making sure my technique is correct on the machines and during the stretching routine. LOVE the stretching routine as it keeps back pain at bay. I've been pleasantly surprised by the level of camaraderie between the ladies. I get a kick out of watching them catch up with the latest happenings while bouncing all over the place! I leave feeling energetic and refreshed. Two adjectives that I haven't used in so long it's really not funny....really.

So I invite you to join me on my new adventure. The ups, the downs and everything in between! What's your latest adventure?

Peace Y'all!
Anna K.

*Notice the lack of picture.....yep, I'm not gonna put up a "before" pic until I've got an "after"!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My latest adventure? Cheering my cousin as she embarks on her new adventure!

Another good site that might help: http://www.sparkpeople.com

Joanna said...

I'm stuffed with too much fluff. I've wondered about Curves but I can't afford it. :(

Anonymous said...

Curves is awesome.

I can't afford it right now but when I went I just loved it. It was awesome.

And by the way, you are not "fat" so don't be so hard on yourself.

Also, spark people is good...I need to get on. Bryan keeps bugging me too and I joined but then I didn't keep up with it like I should. I'm going to try to get back on it as soon as I can.

Thimbleanna said...

Good Luck Anna! Can't wait to see your before and afters!