Saturday, November 1, 2008

I promised I would and I did....

Here it is, y'all. Proof that I wore my delightfully gaudy Halloween hat to the Bubs's school~

Yep, that's me in all my goofy, ridiculous glory! The kids loved it and everyone got a giggle. Mission accomplished and it felt so good to see the Bubs laugh right along with everyone else...without coughing until he hurt.

I hung out with him and his classmates most of the day at a carnival. A local nursing home facility put on a small event for the school's kindergarteners. It was a simple affair, which I think was just enough to keep the kids entertained but not enough to totally overstimulate them. The kids got to dress in their costumes for the carnival and they were all adorable! We had everything from pirates to a little 50's girl. David was, of course, Thomas the Tank Engine. Take a look~







Since the Hubs came home yesterday afternoon (glory hallelujah!) and it was too cold to take the Bubs out trick-or-treating, we chose to hand out candy. It wasn't a big letdown for any of us. Hubby loves handing out goodies and seeing the kids smile when he loads them down while the Bubs gets a kick out of all the people coming to our house. I got to sit back and watch all the fun ensue. Bliss, people, pure bliss!

2 comments:

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Love it! You look great and so does the Bubs! He is so seriously adorable I have to call mom and tell her and dad to check out the photos. I'm glad you all had fun handing out the candy!

Hope the pregnancy is going well, etc. and the Bubs starts feeling better soon. Give him a big hug for us. I wanted to send him a card out to try to cheer him up, but just know I will never get to it. Maybe...it will be a miracle! :-)

Honey Mommy said...

Awesome hat! I wish I had one like it for next Halloween!