Thursday, November 20, 2008

Hubby and I had a busy day yesterday and it was bliss. I know that may sound weird, but I can't remember the last time that he and I took care of business together. It was rather nice to have the company and help.

I had a 7 a.m. meeting at the Bub's school (I was asked to be on a committee), my guys came to school together and I said a quick hello before I was off to volunteer in Dad's class. --On a side note, Hubby has completely enjoyed being actively involved in the Bubs's school the last few weeks and even went to an open house type event the other night. He came home full of information and excitement....especially when he found out that the Bubs was learning about the 50 states. We scoured the local Wally World the next day to find one of those U.S. map placemats!-- Next, I got some gas before swingin' by the homestead to pick up my man on the way to my doc appointment for the baby.

The appointment went well, even if the Hubs was a little concerned at how absent-minded the doc was. The belly was measured (ugh) and was within the normal range, although a bit smaller than when I had the Bubs. We got to hear the heartbeat, too, and it was nice and strong! I signed off to have bloodwork done to screen for several kinds of birth defects and will get the results in a few days...or was it a week? We're scheduled for an anatomy scan next week and we're hopin' to find out if our Sweet Pea is a boy or girl. Everyone can hardly wait to find out that bit of news! Our parents only have boy grandchildren and my grandparents only have boy great-grandkids, so there are a few relatives just chompin' at the bit to buy something pink and girly. Of course, everyone just wants it to be healthy, either way.

After running around the base hospital for a while, we ran home to grab something to eat before braving *bum, bum, bum!* Wally World at lunch time. We made it out alive, though, with our pictures of the Bubs that we had taken at the portrait studio and a few essentials. Okay, so a few non-essentials made it into the buggy, too! I would blame it on Hubby, but some of it was my fault.

On the way home, I started to While the Hubs ran in to a barber's to get a quick haircut, I was sawin' some serious logs! I was so pitiful that when we got home I made a bee-line for my J's (as in p.j.'s) and fell into bed. There was prob'ly some snoring and drooling goin' on, but Hubby took pity on me and didn't comment. He ended up getting the Bubs from school, which I know he didn't mind in the least. Good man, that one.


Mc Allen said...

Awww, Im so glad you had a blissful day!!! &that the baby is right on track, praise God!!!!! LA

Joanna said...

And hello? Smaller than normal - that is a good thing. I burst into tears when they told me I was larger than any normal woman.

How sweet! Love those days with the man. :)

Jaime said...

Busy Day. Cute blog!

Jonny's Mommy said...

Can we get the guesses (bets) in now? I'm going girl! Girl!

And those photos of Bubs? Family members are going to be getting some of those right? Ahem.

No hint or anything, but I was looking at the photos from last year and that kid is cute!

I want me some photos of all of you! Remember that book you put together for mom and dad? *wink* *wink*

rachael said...

i love days spent with my hubby, although they are too rare lately. glad you enjoyed your blissful day!