Monday, August 10, 2009

Reuse, Recycle, Repaint

A while ago, I let the Bubs pick out some reasonably priced train pictures from Allposters.com. Among them was a metal Lionel Train sign that I didn't quite know how to display. The Bubs kept asking me when I was going to hang it in his room and I told him I would come up with something soon...


Since his room looks like this right now (see below) I wasn't too worried about it.






In the process of taking things off the walls in the kitchen a few days ago, I came across a bulletin board that I'd made a long time ago out of fabric-wrapped cork and a salvaged wooden picture frame. Hmm...possibilities.





David, to his delight, helped me paint the frame and the edges of the fabric a glossy black using acrylic paint and "mommy's special paint brushes".

Even though it may be a bit before we can hang it up in his room, we both had fun and the Bubs learned a practical lesson in reusing and recycling.

Not to mention, I think it will look pretty cool hanging up on his wall with the other artwork he picked out once his floors are finished and his bedroom set to rights.

Going "green" with paint....now that's something we can get behind!





1 comment:

Joanna said...

That is so cool! I can not get over how big he is looking.