Saturday, August 15, 2009

And away we go...Choo, Choo!

We were recently able to go to a local railroad museum that the Bubs had been asking to go to for quite some time. His excitement was a thing to behold. Especially when he was talking to the E-man about it before we left. So cute!

We ate at a place downtown called Fat Tony's. The food was so-so and the bathroom horrible, but it was different and we all were determined to enjoy ourselves anyway.

When we pulled into the parking lot, the Bubs was overcome with
joy. He laughed his way to the train that was parked at the entrance and could barely stand the wait as the rest of us (Dad, the Hubs and my brother, Big A) to get E-man in his stroller
.

It wasn't the largest train museum in the world, but you could definitely tell that someone or many someones had taken a lot of time and care with the place.

Hubs and Bubs are both model train enthusiasts and had a blast with the huge train layouts. There were buttons galore to be pushed to make the different trains go.





Hubs kept asking me if I was having fun and I don't know why. I was walking along behind them, camera in hand, with a big smile on my face. I always get the biggest kick out of fueling the Bubs's curiosity and sense of fun. Not to mention, I got out of the house and I didn't have to cook...I'd say it was a win-win all around, wouldn't you?

1 comment:

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

That looks like so much fun!

As you know, Jonathan loves trains too.

And planes. And cars and trucks and anything that goes vrooom!

Looks like a blast!