Friday, July 2, 2010

We're home, y'all!



Well, we did it! We took a few days and went to D.C. We saw as much as we could...with a 7 year old and a baby. The District of Columbia is a place that's packed with people of every imaginable descent and nationality. In any given moment I heard no less than three or four different languages being spoken. Love that!



The Smithsonian Museums were great. We could have spent weeks taking a more thorough tour of them but we were determined to swing through the exhibits that would interest us (i.e. anything to do with trains for the Bubs) and to see as much as physically possible. I got a kick out of all the gardens and greenery that were dotted here and there throughout the downtown areas. They were a lovely respite amidst the hustle and bustle of the day.



The Hubs handled the crazy traffic like a pro. Seriously, the traffic is down right scary at times, y'all! We knew it would be, but still....



That little device in my hand up there was a wonderful thing to have over the last few days. It's my Zune and my Baby Cool Out playlist came in handy a couple times when E-man was quite fussy in the car. Thank heavens!
I have lots of little stories and scads of photos to share with y'all. Who knew so much could be packed into just a few days?

1 comment:

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Oh my gosh I'm such a dork, but I love these photos. They are so cool. I love black and white, but they are just...such an interesting perspective. I can't wait to see more photos. You can even email me -- like all of them because I love your photos! I'm so glad you had a good time despite that horrible traffic that can be found up there! (Down there for me).