Thursday, July 29, 2010

New Art~


No, I haven't lost my calendar. I'm just excited about some of the mini-paintings that I've done for Christmas and I couldn't wait to share one with y'all! Some will have their own mini-easel while others, with the addition of a ribbon hanger will become ornaments. I'm pretty sure that a couple of these might make their way onto our tree...or in a wreath...or-- Well, you get the idea!

The crown has been finding its way onto my doodle pads and paintings, lately. Every year I'm drawn to a particular object or symbol when I'm thinking about Christmas decorating. Snowflakes, the Moravian star, etc. Sometimes I'm in sync with the trends of the season but, more often than not, I'm on a different page dancin' to the beat of a different drummer.

Well, thank you for letting me interrupt your regularly scheduled Summer program for a Christmas special!

3 comments:

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

I like the beat of a different drummer... sounds so much better to me! ;) Love this piece. Thank you for the little Christmas special in the midst of summer!

~Jennifer

Petie@inspirednesting.com said...

Love your new profile pic. Your artwork looks great....ornaments with the crown sound like a great idea. Can't wait to see them.

Robin Beck said...

Hi Anna,
I love your painting!
I too have Christmas on my mind...I passed Fall up and went straight for Christmas this year. I even took some Christmas crafts books with me camping!
Fa la la la la la laaa la laaa!

Love,
Me