Friday, January 2, 2009

Gettin' ready for baby...

Between the few contractions I had the other day and the fact that every time I see a doc, my due date is bumped up by several weeks I'm feelin' the need to get my tush in gear and get ready for our baby's arrival (which is in around 3 months!). I'm nowhere near as frantic in my planning as I was when we were expecting the Bubs, but I know that some prep and pre-baby shopping will go a long way to cutting out some unneeded stress after our lil' love is here. Especially when the mom-in-law's here.....*ahem!*

Anyway...

I've looked at different articles and such and have picked up a few things. Most of them say the same things like taking help when it's offered, not stressing over housework, get as much ready ahead of time as possible, etc. I know for the first little while Hubby, Bubs and me will prob'ly forget the world around us and stare at our new bundle of joy. Not to mention, me and the Hubby will also be introducing the Bubs to his new role as big brother. So if the dishes don't get done right away, so be it. (My family's laughing at that last statement, by the way. They know I hate doing the dishes anyway!)

So far, I'm not that concerned about a nursery theme or a crib. Hubby and I have decided not to worry about getting a crib right now and, instead, get a co-sleeper to put in our room. We like the co-spleeper idea because it would put the baby within arm's reach and make those middle of the night eating and comforting sessions a lot easier. I found one that has storage underneath, too. Yay!

I may just be in a phase here, but for now I'm a little more concerned about making sure we have the essentials rather than the cutesy nursery stuff, etc. (Well, except for the clothes!) This could be because this is our second baby so we know what to look for, what items helped/didn't help, and a tiny bit about what to expect. So as Hubby and I work out what we really need and a few things that we want, I'm sure we're both thinking, "How long before we get our tax return money?"

4 comments:

Darcy @ m3b said...

Ack.

Don't scare me. You need more time. Lots more time.

Rest. More water. Dehydration can cause contractions. On your left side.

Sheesh. Give a girl a heart attack.

Hand in there.

Darcy @ m3b said...

Um, hang.

But maybe rest is more appropriate. :)

Shell in your Pocket said...

I agree with Darcy..do not try to do so much..water and rest...you need it!!!
-sandy toes

The Muse said...

ooooo a baby!yeah~wonderful wonderful :)
many blessings!