Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, Y'all! Whether you welcomed the incoming year in your jammies and slippers or a little black dress and heels, I hope it was fun....and safe! As for me, I'll be in the jammies, slippers and flat out asleep crowd when the ball drops. I know. It's a barrel of wild fun at my house *chuckling*, but I did get to hang out with family today and chill which is always nice. Oh, and did I mention that I had a few contractions? Yes, I said contractions!

The Hubby's voice went up a couple octaves when I called him at work and told him what was going on. They were happening every twenty or thirty minutes for a while, but then seemed to ease off. I was kinda tense for a while there. I put my feet up then downed some water and that must've done the trick... In any case, the baby is still his mobile self, kicking away in my tummy. What a relief!

I really don't have a New Year's resolution. I've never been one for those....mostly 'cause I know I won't stick with it. What can I say? I'm honest! The only things that come to mind are things I strive for all the time like being a better mom, wife, daughter, etc. This year comes with a unique twist. I'll be a mom to two little boys in a few months instead of one. I won't be perfect, and am expecting to make a few goofs along the way but I think I need to go into it that way. Realistic expectations take a bit of the stress out of things, don'tcha think?

1 comment:

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Yikes! Contractions?! that's a little scary!

Otherwise hope you are all having fun.

Yes, you will make some mistakes with these two boys, but you will also have a blast, I'm sure of it!

Hang in there! :-)