Friday, January 9, 2009

Like an episode of E.R.

Well, this week has been an interesting one for our family. Medically speaking, that is. Mom is back in the hospital because she's retained a lot of fluid (again). Hopefully, while the fluid is being dealt with, they can also do something to keep it from happening over and over again. I know she hates being in the hospital even though, logically, she knows she needs to be there right now. Needless to say, when Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. We're prayerful, but tense. Tbe Hubs is also going through something, but out of respect for his wishes, I'm not going to post any specifics.

I'm still having contractions at odd moments, but nothing overly worrisome. Nothing is comfortable for any length of time...sitting, standing or lying down. I wasn't this uncomfortable when I was prego with the Bubs until a few weeks before he was born. The Hubs' understanding and frequently given back rubs have gone a long way to making things more bearable. I love that man!

Well, there are dishes in the sink crying out for attention and more water for me to chug down so I'm gonna run...

5 comments:

carrhop said...

Hope your mom is feeling better soon, along with your hubby--and glad he's still feeling up to back rub administration!

Blessings!

Joanna said...

Well that's no fun! So sorry for all the medical stuff. I'll keep praying.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

As you know we are praying here and hoping for it all to work out. Not sure what is up with the Hubs, but will ask mom for all the "updates" if she knows. Still will pray for him too and for you and the baby (hey, are they sure you are just having one?! Maybe there is another one in there! :-)

Shauna said...

I'm new here! What a great blog :)

Honey Mommy said...

I hate it when "medical issues" crop up. I would much rather avoid the doctors if at all possible!