Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Snow day, snow day! .....What? Inauguration?


That's right, folks! We've got snow down here in the south! And it was cold enough to lay and not melt as soon as it hit the ground!

I know, I know. My excitement is prob'ly a bit sickening to my Yankee relatives and bloggy peeps, but I can't help it, y'all!

We were plastered to the windows for most of the day watching the winter storm's progress...completely missing out on the big inaugural hoopla that was plastered on practically every station known to man. Feel guilty about that? Nope. I know it was a historical event, whether I agree with the person being sworn in or not, but we were so caught up in the wonder of the white stuff that it fell by the wayside. I'll watch the ceremony on youtube later...

For now, though, here's one more snowy snapshot for the road~




3 comments:

Joanna said...

Glad you find excitement in a snow dusting. It's the little things that make life wonderful. :)

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

That is so weird to see. I remember one year we came down for Christmas and your area got like a foot of snow. It was mayhem. No one, but dad, knew how to drive in it. He was giving tutorials to the neighbors! It was sooo funny!

Mc Allen said...

aww, great pics! I notice you havnt posted in a while, I hope your feeling great!! Hurry back with the other pics ♥ LA