Friday, July 4, 2008

Two days in one post.......Multitasking?

Friday, July 4th


I don't know why, but I get the most satisfaction out of watching the Bubs struggle to stay awake at the end of a fun and busy day.......like he is right now as I'm typing this (don't worry, he's going to bed in a few minutes). We spent the day with family to celebrate the 4th of July. The Bubs splashed around in a little pool that his Poppi and Daddy set up for him and then came in to eat and play to his heart's content. By the end of our visit, he was laying all over his Dad and me while singing a lullaby in a soft voice. Precious!


*******************


Sunday, July 6th


The boys are bowling on the Wii, so I thought I'd hop on here for a few minutes...I'm beginning to go through blogging withdrawals, it's been so long since I've been able to get on here and gab!

The Bubs has begun a new adventure since last week. His school, in an effort to ensure that incoming kindergarteners have a smooth transition into "real" school, have a kindergarten readiness program that runs in the mornings for 4 days a week. This is a total Godsend for us after that preschool fiasco a few months ago. We were all concerned that his less than stellar experiences there had discouraged him about starting school this fall. To see him enthused about school is awesome and such a relief! He's become especially attached to a little girl that sits next to him in class. So attached that we've already had to have the "it's nice that you like her, but kissing her isn't a good thing to do" talk. Our family is an affectionate one that freely gives out hugs and kisses so, for him, it was natural to love on her with a kiss on the cheek. At least he's making friends!

In celebration of this new chapter in the Bubs' (and our) lives, we're giving his bedroom a facelift. I've picked out paint in a nice shade of blue like he wanted and will, hopefully, be slappin' it on his walls sometime this week. I think the blue will go lovely with the comforter he picked out for his bed and the darker wood of his bed. I'm having a hard time deciding what and where to hang things on his walls, though. I'll do my usual room sketches that I always do before a room re-do and somehow figure out an arrangement that will work. Y'all have any ideas?

I'll be posting pics of the room's progress as I go.....and I hope the Hubby doesn't take any undignified pictures of me bending over to paint the trim! Of course, just because he takes them doesn't mean I have to post them!!

3 comments:

Sherry said...

that is great news that he is likening to the school routines. Wish we had that for Cutiepie, she is completely against school--we'll see come September!

Joanna said...

Glad he's over the evil teacher episode.
Is he excited for the new room?

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Glad he is liking school and even his friends he's making. I know about the "kissing" and "Hugging." As you know, this side of the family does all that too.

I don't think we having anything like that up here. Wish we did. -- the "pre-school" type thing. I mean, we have preschool...OK. So I guess we do have something like that. But I have a couple more years before I have to worry about it.

And how are you and the Hubby? Get out of the bedroom yet? Har! Har! Sorry...that was rude.

Not as rude as what my mom said after he came back and you were looking for something to do on your "date" Actually, what she said wasn't rude, but funny!