Monday, July 21, 2008

Yay, It's Monday! The Closer's On!

I LOVE watching the Closer. It's hands down one of my favorite TV shows ever. The new summer season started last week and has made Mondays worth lookin' forward to. The mix of characters from all walks of life and very different personalities fascinates me.....and since I'm a southern gal, I get a kick out of Brenda's down to earth, no-nonsense observations all with a drawled, "Thank you!"


The supporting cast is stellar and bring so much to the show. I like watching how they interact with one another.....stand-up guy Gabriel, Provenza and Flynn who always seem to be in trouble, the hot-headed Sanchez and the dry-witted, geeky Tao, along with the smart and beautiful Daniels.



The humor also keeps me coming back. I simply can't watch anything for any length of time that doesn't have a lick of humor to it. I know it's odd that I would say that about a show that centers around solving murders, but it's true. They even poke fun at the show itself. And any time they bring on the In-Laws, I know the hilarity is gonna roll! The casting people really found gems when they hired Frances Sternhagen and Barry Corbin to play Brenda's parents.







Well, anyway, you get the idea. I like the show and it's nice to be able to watch a truly entertaining mystery that I don't feel like I need to shower after watching it.

4 comments:

Lisa Cobler said...

I love The Closer to! I am watching it right now! How cool is that ?

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Haven't gotten into that show.

For me Mondays are repeats of Army Wives that I couldn't see the night before because I fell asleep before 10.

Since you live the life of an Army wife, I'd say that is probably not the show for you.

Joanna said...

No way!! Love that show! I got my boys now saying thank you all southern like.

Do you have background info on the whole 'just Brenda'? I'm assuming it's from an older series but didn't know why he kept saying it.

Misty said...

I just saw your post on the closer. I love it! She cracks me up every Monday. My 9 year old daughter and I lock ourselves in the master bedroom with popcorn and dive in. I also watch Saving Grace right after the Closer and have come to like it also.