Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Books, Volunteering, School and Dizziness

Fiction, Non-Fiction, Dr. Seuss to Doreen Cronin~ Dad's classroom has a bit of everything when it comes to children's literature. They're on tables, bookcases, desks, in baskets, color coded by genre.........well, they're everywhere and I love it! I'm a big fan of children's books and he's aquired many wonderful titles over the years. So many, in fact, that he's made his own library. As with any library, it needs to be constantly maintained in order to be usable. Since the Bubs is in his kindergarten readiness program four mornings a week, I asked if I could help Dad with anything to which he instantly asked if I could help him organize a couple of his book collections.


It took me a couple of morning's worth of work, but I got his read-aloud library physically organized with a content list ready to be printed out and put in a folder. This coming week, I move on to his International Baccalaureate book collection or his IB List as we call it. Believe it or not, I've enjoyed working in a classroom again. Even if the kids aren't there, yet, it's kinda cool to be back in a classroom environment listening to all the discussions between Dad and the other teachers about the upcoming school year. I didn't realize how much I missed it....

On a slightly different subject....with the Bubs starting school next month, I was planning to go back to school full-time for my degree in Elementary Ed. Now, I think I want to pursue a couple of on-line courses first just to get my feet wet and leave me time to volunteer at the Bubs's school a bit. Between all the changes going on with the Bubs going to school, upcoming changes with the Hubby's job (that's another post).......I'm quite dizzy!

Peace, Y'all!

~Anna

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

Oh, I think I would have drooled over a book collection like that. I LOVE children's books. Mine have gathered a bit of dust now that the boys are grown, but hopefully they'll be put to use once again with the next generation!