Friday, July 18, 2008

"And in other news...."

Why is it that the A/C never seems to go on the fritz when it's cool outside or when there's loads of money in the savings account to dip into for repairs? *sigh* Y'all, we were soooo miserable last night trying to sleep in our own sweat. Thankfully, the Bubs was so incredibly sleepy that he fell almost instantly asleep last night and didn't, to my knowledge, wake up until around 7 this morning. The Hubs is used to sleeping in the heat, but I think he still didn't fall asleep as easily as he normally does. So, I was the only one pacing the kitchen floor at 1 a.m. this morning trying to figure out someway of staying cool that wouldn't keep Hubby awake. I ended up with a trusty wet washcloth. Sweet relief, sweet blessed relief!

And in other news....

I've been commisioned to paint a mural on the front of some large cabinet doors in a friend's classroom. One of the thematic units that her grade level will be covering is Australia. She loves ocean/beach things anyway, so she wants a mural of the Great Barrier Reef. Or, at least my interpretation of it. I drew a mock-up for her in, um, pencil and crayon (oh, yeah I am that classy people!) and she loved it. *whew!* I'll have to nab a pic of the drawing next week to share with y'all.....hey, it's been that kind of week. I'm excited to get started on it and I hope it turns out alright. I haven't done any painting on this scale in years and I had a tendency to ignore my high school art teacher completely. Kinda wish I had listened just a bit more on how to "construct" a larger scale painting. Although, I do remember that she once told me not to get so hung up on the details of the painting, but to keep my focus on the overall effect. Hmmmm, sounds like good advice for life in general, doesn't it?

Anyways, I'll share pics of the mural's progress with y'all over the next few weeks. (Please, please, oh please, God, don't let me mess it up!!)

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Ooo I can't wait to see it.