Monday, June 30, 2008

Holy Moses, What a Vacation! (Thank God It's Over)

"No man needs a vacation so much as the man who just had one. ~Elbert Hubbard"

Well, I think that I will never blog about another vacation......ever. Maybe only the ones that don't involve extended family members. Oy.

We did manage to have some fun in between the more, um, interesting family interactions that occured. The waterpark was a hit with all of us (yes, even me) without a doubt! There were slides for all levels of daring, hot tubs for both adults and those with children, and a lazy river to float around in an innertube. That last thing was my favorite.....wish I had one of those in the backyard!

It was very nice to see friends of Hubby's, I'll call them J&J, that have wlecomed me right into their group. We laughed and gabbed about all of our mutual interests, saw a movie, and generally had a fun and relaxed time together. Y'all, they were such a blessing. Speaking of blessings, they've recently found out that they will be parents in the spring! Yay! I can't wait to put a baby box together to send them.

So now I've got to get back into our routines.....including one of mine which is to read what's goin' on in your lives! I'm off to take a gander at your blogs to find out what I've missed ~ right after I tackle the laundry, put everything away that we lugged out, catch up on yard work and....well, you get the idea!

2 comments:

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

I kind of worried if you in-laws might see that post. Did they?

Hope you are recovering from it all.

You and your mom are in my prayers. Tell Aunt J I love her!

And I love you too!

Joanna said...

I thought you would never come back!! I would have come an rescued you but then I would have had to see my in-laws and uh, well, um, sorry about your luck. heehee

It sounds like you did have some fun and that's all that matters.