Thursday, February 14, 2008

'appy Vawentibe's Day....Achooo!

Yep...Got the cold that the Bubs has. Boogery snots, itchy throat, head throbbing pressure and all. I knew it was inevitable but, geez! I was sooo hoping that this would be the one time we didn't do the nasty cold germ swap. Oi.
My Bubs is head-shakingly funny when he's sick. One minute he's telling me how much he loves me and cuddling with me on the couch...the next minute he's arguing with me about everything while trying to wipe his nose on my sleeve without me noticing. He was so extreme this evening on the way home from my parent's house that I started laughing.

"It's not funny, Mom!"

"Oh-ho, but it is!"

"Moooom!"

I'm unable to speak for laughing.

The next thing I know, giggles erupt from the back seat.

"Oh, I love you Mom."

That one precious phrase, spoken in between giggles, made my Valentine's Day.

2 comments:

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

get better soon! Oh it stinks to be sick! But at least you had one happy moment.

Anonymous said...

I love it - that is precious. Around here, it's Daddy that can squeeze a laugh out of a fit of temper - it's a talent he always has possessed and I only long to have.
Happy (belated) Valentine's to you.

Feel better soon!