Tuesday, February 12, 2008

And the award goes to....


Wow. I got an award! It was given to me by my cousin from Boondock Ramblings. I've never been a recipient of one of these before, but I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to share the love...
Boondock Ramblings, Journeying With St. Ignatius and Northern Outpost were all given this award already, but I must say that they remain my favorites. They all have such different points of view and alternately cause me to laugh, cry and reflect. They are also family and talented to boot!
Fried Okra - I know I'm new to your blog, but you never fail to make me laugh with your oh-so-southern outlook and hilarious dialogue! I have found a fellow blogger who understands what it is to be a southern gal...no matter where you may be. (I love that you know how to use words like "forty-leven"!)
Striving for Divine Love - The first thing I noticed about your blog was the plan of Salvation at the top of your page. The only thing I can say about that is...You Go Girl! I've enjoyed cheering you on as you tackle new experiences in your life. You're an inspiration! (Yes, even when your spell check is on the fritz!)
Celtic Knots - A creative, talented American mom to two adorable lasses who lives in Ireland. I connected to you not only through your writing and love of creativity, but because we are going through something similar...our mothers are battling breast cancer. I'm cheering you and your Mom on, Shug!!
Gathering Grace - I came across your blog quite by accident the other day, but have already enjoyed your mix of whimsy, practicality and faith. I'm not even sure if I've commented on your blog, yet...Oops! If I've committed a blogging faux pas, please forgive me!
American Quilter in Ireland - The title says it all...or does it? You not only are a quilting fanatic, but you have a family, run a B&B, help with the farm...and the list probably goes on! I've enjoyed our comments back and forth to one another and look forward to more.
Verry Sherry - Somewhere between the posts about your precious Cutiepie and Babydoll's antics, to your recent posts about the Great Job search of '08, which was laugh out loud funny at times, you've charmed me!
Flower Fairies and Fairy Cakes - When I saw the title of your blog, I just had to see it! Your "dispatches from the front line in the Button household" are very funny and I constantly log on to find out what happens in the next episode of "Betty"!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a pleasant surprise! Hopefully you've seen how I feel about "new friends" - if not, scroll down to the bottom of the blog. :)

I myself LOVE "everyday occassions!" Ordinary days are the best kind. They SHOULD be "occassions!"

Thanks so much for the award and for the visit... I'll come again soon!

Megan Cobb said...

Not hokey at all! I'm thrilled to pieces, m' dear! Thank you very very much!

M

Anne Marie said...

Many thanks for the award!!! I enjoy reading your posts and your photos are fantastic!!! Keep up the great job!!