Saturday, May 8, 2010

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made...The Remix


This piece was a commissioned work for a lady I met at my recent arts and crafts show. She told me that she's known for giving "great, unique gifts" to her family and friends and that I was her new gift-giving muse (well paint me flattered!). She wanted my original, "Fearfully and Wonderfully" but was unsure about it because the skin tone is quite light and the friend that she was purchasing it for isn't. She expressed her desire to have a similar work made but with a skin tone closer to her friend's.
Thankfully, I'd been wanting to paint some ladies of different ethnicities and this was the perfect chance! I'd already been experimenting with different looks....
She sent me a photo of her friend so that I could get an idea of face shape, skin tone, etc. Her friend was lovely with this cute, short haircut. I got busy creating and what you see above is the finished product...or different views of it, anyway.
This was my first commissioned piece for a client -I've done things for family before- and I was nervous about how she'd react. She loved it! Then started making plans for more...I was sooo relieved!


I'm not sure how long I'll keep doing commissions but, for now, it's doable. And fun!

3 comments:

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

This is awesome! Can't wait to see more of your work!

Wendy said...

just beautiful!!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness Anna! That is so beautiful! I am so happy for you that you were commissioned. Very, very exciting : ) I can only imagine how much it was loved. What a gift!