Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A nice visit with the Mother In Law...

Well.....I'm not screamin' in relief that the MIL's visit is over. It was a surprisingly pleasant visit despite some pretty gnarley winter weather. It was the height of irony that she came down to the South hoping to escape the winter blahs and what does she get? She got more snow, ice and frigid winds! There's a silver lining in all that, though. Because of the icy roads, the Bubs had a 3-hour school delay on her last day here so they were able to hang out for that entire morning. They were very happy about that, let me tell you.

My Hubby was relieved that his mom and I had a better visit than we've had recently. She was her more laid back self and I think that I'd had enough time between visits to recover. I was also too tired and super uncomfortable to get tense before she came down. Blessing in disguise, I guess!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Yay you survived!! Glad the visit went well.

Shell in your Pocket said...

Glad your visit was more enjoyable!
Have a great weekend.
sandy toe