Wednesday, March 18, 2009

"Seriously, I was not planning on bein' here all day, y'all."

I had an OB doc appointment today at around 9:30 this morning. I didn't leave the hospital (where my doc's offices are) until around 3 p.m.

Why was I there that long?

High blood pressure. Ugh.

At first my bottom number (diastolic) was high...then my top number (systolic) started creeping upwards, too. Next thing I know, I'm getting the preeclampsia speech, sent waddling down to the lab, and then making my way to the labor/delivery triage area for the baby and I to be monitored. Thankfully the jerk that I encountered at my last visit -the one who went on a Tylenol tirade last time I was there- was no where to be seen. I was surrounded with competent and caring professionals for the duration of my stay. This was great for keeping the blood pressure down...'cause going postal on that guy, if he'd have been there, would not have been ideal. I'm just sayin'.

The bp did eventually go down and the baby's heart rate was fine. I was contracting a bit, but they weren't coming at regular intervals. I was sent home with lots of advice and cautionary tales....and an obnoxious looking container to put my 24-hour urine collect in. Too much info? So sorry! Bein' prego ain't an elegant thang, y'all.

The Hubby and I don't think we're going to make the April 11th due date. Heck, my doc doesn't even think I'll be much longer, either. She says this wouldn't be a bad thing since the baby looks like he's fully developed from all the info she was looking at. We'll just have to wait and see....

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Praying for dude to make his entrance quickly!! I've been in suspense wondering.

Shell in your Pocket said...

Oh...how fun and exciting...I hope you stay healthy and your blood pressure stays low~
Sandy toe

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Hey! Slow down, lady. I still haven't got the outfit sent out to you that I picked up. Our stupid cat laid on it and I'm not shipping it out with orange and brown cat hairs on it because darn it, it is cute! I have to wash it...yeah, so when I send it...it is new...just newly washed too. :-)

Try to stay calm about it all and I know the nurses and doctor's meant well. Who knows, if the PB goes too high they may have to induce.