Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Hanna survival and the coup-staging laundry pile....

Well, we made it! Other than lots of branches down in the yard, we came through Hanna unscathed. There were areas that lost power and reports of localized flooding and damage but for the most part, Hanna didn't rock the boat. Hallelujah!

As of this morning, I've had my first true bout of morning sickness. Yick. It came out of nowhere and caught me completely off guard. Thankfully, I was in the privacy of our home. I would have hated to be in the middle of volunteering in Dad's classroom when the urge to hurl struck! Double yick.

Meanwhile, back at the Bat Cave.......

I think the laundry pile is trying to stage a hostile takeover. Seriously. I keep hacking away at the pile, but it seems to be multiplying instead of lessening....and following me. I noticed a definite increase in the volume of the pile when Hubby got fed up with not being able to find clean items. Um, I kept telling the man that if he didn't put his items with the rest of the dirty clothes, more than likely, the stuff wouldn't get washed. I guess he finally believed me. Yay, me!

Speaking of Hubby, he'll be leaving for two weeks this weekend. I'm able to deal with his absences a lot better than the Bubs. He's completely undone when Daddy isn't there to hang out in the evening and then give him his goodnight kisses. I'm sure we'll do what we can to circumvent his bedtime routine anxiety with phone calls. It's worked in the past........

I've gotta run. I think the laundry pile has worked its way down the hallway and is peeking around the corner at me!

2 comments:

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Glad you made it through the hurricane. As for the laundry -- oh I can so relate to the piles. Same thing in my laundry room right now.

So where is Ike now? Have to watch for that too right?

Joanna said...

Just to let you know we were praying for ya.

So sorry about the morning sickness.

And our laundry is trying to attack my children.