Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Playdate!!

This afternoon we got to spend a little time with some friends. I can't tell you how nice it was to watch the Bubs play with his friends and to be able to chat with mine. Bliss!


I met Mandy and Erin through my church at a family fellowship event. Mandy and Erin were already close friends and they welcomed me and the Bubs right into their circle. With their easy and no-nonsense manner, they put us both at ease. This is huge to me as I tend to tense up when I'm in a social setting by myself. I've gotten too used to my hubby being with me as a buffer. Silly, I know, but very true.

Fun was had by all and it was a nice respite from the everyday monotony that can sometimes creep in at our house. Thanks Erin and Mandy!

***Forgive me for the rather short post! I have to keep it short tonight because I've got an early and busy day tomorrow. I'm going to my Dad's 1st grade classroom to read a Dr. Seuss book to his children. I absolutely LOVE reading to kids! It will be nice to be in a classroom again, too. (I was a Teacher's Assistant for around 4 years before I decided to be a "professional mom".)

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Yes, friendship is important! Happy reading!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

so glad you got some time with friends. I'm supposed to but looks like our winter weather will cancel that out. Enjoy your time with friends and being a professional mom!