Friday, July 10, 2009

It was a chicken an' pastry kinda day.

I know, I know. I'm doing a post about comfort food right after I talk about losing weight.



I'm just looney like that, I guess.

BUT, hold on a sec and let me explain! There's just something about a pot of chicken an' pastry simmering away on an overcast day that makes me smile. Without even thinking, I had snagged the soup pot and defrosted the chicken, well on my way to making a batch of this homey goodness.


My brain, the occasionally logical thing that it is, started to send out warnings. Is this pot of pastry, while yummy, going to totally sabotage my efforts to be healthier? Am I ever going to be able to eat this yummo comfort food again?!!


My whiney self let out a truly girly scream of, "NOOOOOO!"


Okay, calm down and get a grip, girl. Take a deep breath......now let it out, releasing all the bad-- Oh, for heavens sake, just look at the ingredients you're using. Geez.


Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breasts

Frozen pastry that has no fat or cholestorol (but is still good!)

Celery/Carrots

Other seasonings

Water (or fat free chicken broth if I've got it)


Hmmmm....no big worries there! *Big Sigh* Thank heavens.

Now I have to keep my portion within legal limits!

1 comment:

Young Wife said...

Ooo! You're making me hungry!