Saturday, August 2, 2008

A tale of a chronic list maker.....who found love on the internet.

Most of y'all know that I LOVE to make lists. Grocery lists, school lists, long lists, short lists.......my lists have lists! They help me make sense of my mad, out of control thoughts and, to put it simply, get stuff done. In one of my many searches for household organizational tips I came across a site called Organized Home. Now, some sites like this one are so involved and complicated or the author is so know-it-all that the ol' gag reflex tries to kick in. I didn't get that feeling as I browsed through the different information packed articles......much. Some of the ideas were wonderful, but for me weren't realistic. Others, like the Household Notebook idea are right up my list-lovin' alley. Especially now that we have to break down an entire household, sell our house and move cross country in around 3 months. Holy freakin' cow, y'all!

The whole notebook idea caught my eye because it encourages keeping important papers and info in ONE PLACE. Not scrawled on the back of an envelope or on the world's tiniest piece of paper like someone in my house does. And then calls from work frantically needing the info that I just tossed in the trash having thought it was, um, trash. He shall remain nameless.......Ahem.

Another topic that caught my eye was how to de-clutter. Ahhhhhhhh.......yeah. To be honest, I didn't stay on this topic long. I started hyperventilatin' and having visions of the piles of stuff waiting to be sold off, given to family, or donated. Drama I don't need to wallow in! I almost had a fit of the vapors right there......

How do three people accumulate so much stuff? Hubby and I have started having these kinds of conversations~

Hubby~ "Hon', why do we have three of these?"

Me~ "'Cause we couldn't find the other two when we needed 'em."

OR

Both of us at any given time~ "Oh! So that's where that was! I've been looking for this for weeks."

I guess when you live in one place for so long you tend to lean towards being a pack rat. I think in our case, it's been a combination of everyday neglect and out of sight, out of mind-ism. Honey, we are gonna be paying for that big time. We can't decide if we should do one big yard sale or several small ones. What do y'all think?

Well, I've blabbed enough. I hope everyone's having a great weekend!



2 comments:

Elsie Button said...

i have tried to get into the whole list writing thing cos am always forgetting to do things, but i just lose the lists. i have become so scatty, it is scary

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Oops...I don't think my comment went through last night. Anyhow, I think you should do one huge sale because people like when there is a lot of stuff to chose from. I found that out the hard way.

Well, anyhow, hang in there, girl. We are praying for you in this drastic change for you.