Monday, September 27, 2010

Self evaluation and truth...

Self evaluation.

Two words that make me wince.

There's just no way to pretty that phrase up, is there?

I had a big dose of it recently. That, m'dears, wasn't pretty...tears flowed aplenty and ugly parts of my heart were ruthlessly bared to be poked with a rather large stick.

The stick was called Truth.

As painful as the experience was, I'm better for it.

Misunderstandings were cleared up, insecurities were tossed aside and weights were lifted.

Did I face this dose of ruthless truth bravely?

No way, Honey!

I needed it, though.

Truly.



anna k originals Feel free to visit my other blog, Anna K. Originals!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Ouch. Truth can be painful, no doubt. God often has to drag me, kicking and screaming, down His path for me.
I hope the pruning is over for now, dear, and you can just be led beside peaceful waters for awhile.
Hoping that poking stick can be used for a walking stick now...

Robin Beck said...

Yes, but the truth can and will set you free too!
Though it sure doesn't feel great while you are working thru it does it? :)