Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"Think and wonder, wonder and think." ~Dr. Seuss

I've done a lot of that over the years...haven't we all? Those moments of thinking and wondering about a dream that's rooted in our hearts.
What if?
How can I?
Oh, it would be wonderful if I could.....

When I was a little girl I'd dream of being a veterinarian or a teacher or (you guessed it) an artist. I'd tucked away the dream of being an artist in favor of pursuing more practical goals...y'know so I could make a living for myself. Girl's gotta eat...and buy pretty shoes! After Mom passed away last year, it really sank in how short life is. I kept thinking that I hadn't had enough time with her. There was so much more I wanted to talk with her about, laugh with her about, dream with her about.....
In my heart I think it was the Lord that led my Dad to suggest making a small studio for me when the Hubs and I were remodelling the kitchen. And so, the spark of my girlhood dream was rekindled. With my Hubby's encouragement, the flame began to burn brighter.
I began to allow myself the right to make that dream become reality. Tough thing for me to do.
However, I'm always inspired to reach further, create more and dream freely when I'm faced with the loving support of my family.


The art you see above this post is a glimpse of things to come and another step in my journey towards pursuing my dream of becoming an artist.
Anna K. Originals is getting a new look!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are well on your way! I pray that GOd inspires you to continue doing your artwork. I love every thing that you have done, and I am inspired. Don't forget about your beautiful voice!!!!

Robin Beck said...

That is so cool that you got a small studio, the men in your life are so sweet (even the little ones!)

I think you are some kind of wonderful Anna~

Robin~♥

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Looking forward to watching you soar.

Anonymous said...

How awesome for you! Best wishes.

Rochelle@AFamilyofLooneys said...

Love your post!!!