Wednesday, May 14, 2008

"Move ovah, Essie, it's my turn to dance!"

Alright, y'all, the "my hubby's comin' home tinglies" are out in full force now! I'm so excited, I could do a happy dance.....um, that is if I didn't look like a monkey on LSD when I break out...Yes, folks, that's a mental image not intended for the faint of heart.

I was feeling nervous and aggravated about his homecoming coinciding with some interesting developments concerning our "house business", as I call it. However, I'm coming to the conclusion that I can't allow the excitement and joy of this occasion to be ruined by my uptighted-ness (yes, I am allowed to make up words on my blog!). I don't know when it happened, but I somehow became the mood-barometer in our house. How does the saying go...If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. So if I'm uptight and nervous, then the Bubs will be too, and I just cannot allow that! Oi, what was I thinkin'?! (And if I'm spelling "oi" wrong...let's just let it go, shall we? Please and thank ya'!)

As for freakin' out about the house not being in pristine order before he gets here- if it gets done, fabulous, if not, I'm okay with that. The man is not coming home to a house, he's coming home to me and the Bubs and, frankly, that's all he cares about. I'm just gonna have to keep reminding myself of that the next few days...especially when it comes to our bedroom. Yikes!! Maybe if I just used a shovel and made a burn pile in the back-- Oh! Sorry just thinking out loud. Ahem.

For now, I'm gonna go find my trusty mp3 player, find some bumpin' tunes and bust a move...hopefully without bustin' a hip! So, ladies and germs, what's got y'all dancin' these days?

8 comments:

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

You've got me happy these days! The idea of Bruce coming home!

Warren says to me yesterday -- "I'd love to be a fly on the wall when David sees his daddy walk in the door."

I totally agreed. Now I find out my mom may be on her way down and may get a chance. when does he get home officially? I'm just so excited for you. I hope you will share some photos of his homecoming with us.

OH, and my Jonathan also gets me moving with happiness too...he's such a blessing!

I got tingles of excitement just reading this entry, by the way. You brightened my whole day!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Ha! Just re-read the part about the fire out back...tsk, tsk...

Sherry said...

I was so wondering that...just when does he arrive home. Or will we notice a sudden quietness on your blog as you will be otherwise happily engaged elsewhere?

Don't worry 'bout the house, he'll be too thrilled to see you both. But if you're going to spend any time on anything cleaning wise--do do the bedroom, that place should be yours and his sanctuary!! (Some advice I should heed more often!)

Sherry said...

p.s. the last comment was from me...my new blog/profile was accidently set for name to appear--this is something I am working on the side and just begun. I haven't 'come out of the closet' yet about it!

Runner Girl said...

I'm so excited for you and Bubs! You're right, he's not interested in the house! I dance to "Shackles" by MaryMary, and anything TobyMac!

Bex said...

I just read something about you on someone else's blog (maybe Boondock Ramblings??). Anyway, I wanted to thank both you and him for your service and sacrifice. I actually read your blog and then had to go and tuck in my two year old to bed. While I was doing so I was thinking about you guys and how your sacrifices have made our world safer. It's truly appreciated. Thank you.

Anna K. said...

Awww...y'all are so sweet! Thanks for all the lovely comments...

Joanna said...

Oh yeah for hubby returning!! I'll do the Snoopy happy dance with you (as long as no one takes pictures)!

Remember he's returning from a sand pit so I don't think he's going to worry about dust bunnies. :)

Must be MP3 day cuz I was jammin out all day.